As Egyptians and the world waited for Mubarak to make his third (and many hoped final) speech on Thursday night, it didn't take long for hashtag '#ReasonsMubarakIsLate' to trend worldwide on Twitter. Egyptian humor cannot be beaten!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- @haytham_lashin: Changing his facebook relationship status with #EGYPT to it's complicated
- @samayfield: Mubarak and Suleiman are busy playing rock paper scissors
- @HarikariButterK - He's storming around the palace throwing a tantrum because he doesn't want to get in the car.
- @samyamina trying to convince the airport to open up and let him out
- @Pharaonick last min souvenir shopping in the Khan. t-shirt saying "I ruled Masr 30 years & all I got was this lousy revolution"
- @lama_b He's trying to find another person who also thinks that protests r in celebration of his 30th year as Father of Egypt
- @BrindisMom He's starting a new hashtag, #ReasonsIshouldhavelefttwoweeksago
- @The__K__Man: he's watching egyptian tv...he still doesn't know it's his last day in office
- @Puhtaytoe Stunt-double's missing
- @Amiralx #ReasonsMubarakIsLate he's waiting for this hashtag to stop updating
- @bloggingegypt: The best & most obvious#ReasonsMubarakIsLate I've seen RT @Noor1Noor2 HE'S EGYPTIAN
- @MennaAmr Ran out of botox shots
- @HerMaeness Adult diaper change.